Brand expert Oliver Ries has founded three companies so far. Currently, he is building up a knowledge platform and social network for startups called StartupWings.me. Profit from his knowledge and professional background in communications and his experience in mentoring startups.
Five questions to the mentor:
- What does ‚Future Mobility’ mean to you?
For me it means three things:
1. Get more flexible and with innovative energy concepts from one place to another.
2. Connect different services or vehicles more than today. There does still not exist something which connects trains, underground, planes.
3. Be environment friendly. Like taking cars out of the city. How amazing would it be when all the traffic and everything would be in the underground? I think this will be one of the concepts to save the problem with a constant growing amount of people on the planet.
- What motivates you to coach teams on Startup Weekend – Die Alm?
1st it’s a great new location out of town, so you have an environment which is great for getting to new ideas and thoughts.
2nd Startupweekends are always very inspiring, people who basically want to change things are coming together to build something great on one weekend! I love that!!
- What business model is great example for ‚Future Mobility‘?
Tesla Cars or even “The Tube” Elon Musk is creating (underground train in a tube)
- Which area of mobility needs to be disrupted?
Trains!! As well for long distances like “Deutsche Bahn”, but in the cities as well, like undergrounds. There are cities in Germany for example where you don’t have to pay or buy tickets anymore.
- Where do you integrate mobility into your daily life?
To be honest I still use it the classic way, long distances most of the time with the car, or by plane, and in business from city to city I take the train. And in the city, especially in Munich, I try to only use the underground. If I had the money I would buy a Tesla 😉
Get to now valuable insight and learn from the experiences of others! Join Startup Weekend Die Alm and be part of an unforgettable weekend! Pitch ideas, work in teams, develop a business plan and get to know people!
Haven’t applied yet?
Register now: Tickets
… and you will receive an answer within a few hours!